This article walks you through the steps to get your Dfend account set up. Let's dive right in!
1. Creating an account
Creating a Dfend account is easy. You can sign up using an existing Google account (known as “Single Sign On”), or create an account using your email address and a password.
2. Check your email
If you signed up using Google single sign on, you can skip this step. Otherwise, you’ll need to verify your account by checking your email and clicking on the “Confirm your account” link.
3. Tell us about yourself
After reading and accepting the terms and conditions, you’ll see the start of our walk through. All of these sections are optional, so skip through them if you like.
The first section is telling us what technologies you use in your organization. Pick your top three for now, and you can add more later. Scroll down, and click the “Next” button.
4. Monitor your domain name
We can help you prevent phishing attacks against your domain by monitoring other domains with similar names to yours, and alerting you when they change. Enter your domain name, and click “Add Domain”. Then click the “Next” button.
Dfend can send you an actionable email when there’s a security alert. We can also post it to a Slack channel. If you’d like to receive these emails, tick the “Enable email notifications” check box, and enter the email address Dfend should send these to.
Click “Finish setting up notifications”, and you’re all done!
Have a look around your Dfend account. Here are some articles which might help:
- The Alerts page will show you any recent alerts about the technologies you selected during the wizard, and about potential phishing domains. Learn how to manage your Alerts
- The Technologies page lists the hundreds of cloud services and technologies Dfend can monitor for you. Learn more about monitoring your cloud services
- The Domains page is where you can set up and review details on domains which look similar to yours. Learn how to manage your Domains
- Need to update your account, notification preferences, or see your audit log? Visit the Settings page.
- Upgrade your Dfend account to monitor more technologies and domains, and unlock Slack notifications.