Slack is a popular message application used by teams across the globe. Dfend can send its alerts to a Slack channel, or by email. There are many advantages to enabling Slack notifications for Dfend:
- Faster notifications - no need to wait for emails
- More eyes - Slack channels typically have many members, any of whom can see and respond to the issue
- Conversation starter - Slack is naturally a great tool for conversations, and having the alert right provides a place for people to start discussing the threat intelligence
- Take immediate action - you can mark a Dfend alert as Done or Ignored right from within Slack
Setting up Slack notifications
To enable Slack notifications you’ll need a paid Dfend account. There are lots of great benefits to our paid plans, so head to Settings > Subscription & Billing if you need to upgrade.
You need to be an Administrator of your Slack account to enable Dfend’s Slack alerts.
If you have a paid account, you can enable Slack notifications by following these instructions:
- Visit Settings > Slack Notifications.
- Check “Enable Slack notifications”
- Click “Add to Slack”.
- Log in to your administrative Slack account, if you aren’t logged in already.
- Choose the channel Dfend should send its alerts to (e.g. the #news channel)
You’re done! You’ll now receive your Dfend alerts in Slack.